We are excited to announce that has a new look.
Read more


Frequently Asked Questions

Opening Hours

8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

What should I wear?

All SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management, AUR30620 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology and CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry are required to wear enclosed shoes and full uniform on practical training sessions. Long hair must be tied back. Feel free to contact our staff for further information.

When do I get my certificate?

Certificates and Statement of Attainments will be posted to you after successful completion of your course (approximately 4 weeks wait). Please
note that should you need your Statement or Certificate re-issued due to loss or damage, administration charges apply.

How can I access my learning materials?

All required learning and assessment materials will be supplied by Alliance College. Online training resources are available via Alliance College Moodle, which we will supply you with prior classes commencement.

When do I have my class break?

Most classes have a 15-minute morning tea break and a 45-minute lunch break.

What are the rules which I have to follow during class?

No eating or drinking in classrooms, except water. No student under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be allowed to stay on premises. Mobile phones should be either switched off or on silent. No obscene language will be tolerated, be respectful to trainers and other students. Smoking is prohibited in the building, foyer and atrium area. If you wish to smoke, please go outside the building. No smoking is allowed whilst wearing a uniform, in accordance to Alliance College’ Code of Practice.

Alliance College policies and procedures

Please find more Alliance College policies and procedures under Student Resource webpage. Feel free to contact our staff on campus if you need more information.

Can I apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer?

You may be able to apply for credit transfer or RPL if you have related experience or completed qualifications. If you would like to apply, please tick the relevant box on the Enrolment Form and submit related certificate(s)/transcript(s) as supporting documents. The Alliance College Education team will complete an initial review process the following
week. If your records are relevant, you will then attend a face-to-face meeting before your results are assessed and evaluated. This process can take up to four weeks. The RPL process is unique to each candidate, especially involving practical assessment. Please note, if Credit Transfer or RPL are granted,
the fees and study duration may be reduced.

Can I have a payment plan or pay in instalments?

The individual payment plan is available upon requests. Please contact us via 1300 665 065.

Can I withdraw from my course at any time?

Request to Withdrawal form must be completed and submitted to the student support officer for further processing. Please refer to the refund policies available on the Student Resource webpage for more information.


I fully acknowledge that all excursions that I undertake will be at my own risks and I need to organize the valid insurance to keep safe. Alliance College is not responsible for any consequences in any way.

Where should I eat?

Food are available in our training café for all students. Student seating area is located in the café with access to a fridge and microwave.

Access to hot water is available in the Tea Room.

Do I have a locker?

Change rooms and lockers are available for SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management, AUR30620 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis,  AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology and CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry on practical training days. Alliance College does not take responsibility for loss of items.

What happens if I cannot come to school on the class day?
  1. Call school to advise reason why you cannot attend before class starts via 1300 665 065
  2. Then get a Medical Certificate if ill and email to admin@alliancecollege.edu.au, otherwise re-sit fees may apply.
What if I need help with visa issues?

Please check our website or feel free to contact us via 1300 665 065 for recommendations of migration agents.

Do I need OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)?

As a part of a student visa application in Australia, it is mandatory to have an Overseas Student Health Cover. OSHC fees are not part of the tuition fee and
will need to be paid before a CoE is issued. Duration usually covers the student’s visa stay period. Alliance College staff can assist you in applying for an OSHC.

Do I need to undertake work placement?

All Commercial Cookery, Hospitality and Automotive students must complete work placement during their studies. Alliance College will schedule your placement hours in our Training Café (Chapter One), in our Training Restaurant (Oui Chef), in our Automotive Workshop, or in a venue that suits your career path. Alliance College has placement agreements with some venues in the hospitality industry, where students can complete their work placement.

Are there opportunities for further study at University?

Alliance College has agreements with the University of South Australia, University of Adelaide, Flinders University, ICHM and other Australian universities. Successful graduates of Alliance College’ Diploma of Business and Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Management can receive up to 1-year credit transfer. Those graduates with the Advanced Diploma of Business can be transferred up to 1.5 years credit at universities. That is great news for those students who are seeking Higher Education study after
graduating from Alliance College.

How To Enroll?

Choose your course and submit your application

Choose the course that best suits your interest and chosen pathway and apply directly to Alliance College or via an authorised representative. Include all required documentation.
If your application is successful you will receive a Letter of Offer. Carefully read the information in your letter which will contain the course you have been offered, fees payable and course start date.

Pay the fees and apply for a student visa

Pay the commencement fee and other fees specified. Your compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fees will also be payable at this time.
Once you have signed and returned your Letter of Offer and have paid the specified fees, Alliance College will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). Use your CoE to apply for a student visa. You can do this through your nearest Australian Embassy or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

Course Entry Requirements

English language proficiency

The English language entry requirement for most courses, with the exception of ELICOS, is IELTS: 6.0 overall or above. The student must provide a certified copy of their IELTS test or evidence of an equivalent.
Other circumstances where the IELTS requirement may be waived is where there is evidence of:

a) Successful completion, within the last two years, of a senior secondary or tertiary level course, undertaken in Australia in English.

b) Successful completion, within the last two years, of a CRICOS registered course at AQF Level 4 or above delivered in Australia in English.

Qualifications recognised by Alliance College as equivalent to an IELTS
6.0 overall score upon completion are as published on the tab below.

Recognised English Pathways

English Language Requirements
Successful completion of the following qualifications has been recognised as equivalent to the IELTS 6.0 overall score.
Where ELICOS courses, from other providers, only state the equivalence to the overall IELTS score, a minimum band score is not required.

Name of Course/Test IELTS 6.0 overall 
Pearsons Test of English (PTE) AcademicOverall score of 50
Occupational English Test OETB for each test component
Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)Overall score of 169

Academic Level

Certificate III level courses

Satisfactory completion of Year 10 or equivalent schooling and be at least 16 years of age.

Certificate IV level courses

Satisfactory completion of Year 11 or equivalent schooling and be at least 17 years of age.

Diploma level courses

Satisfactory completion of Year 12* or equivalent schooling OR
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 4 qualification and be at least 18 years of age.

Advanced Diploma level courses

Satisfactory completion of Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 qualification and be at least 18 years of age.

All courses

Participate in a suitability interview for your chosen qualification.

*Most Foundation Studies Programs, particularly those offered by Australian Universities, are deemed equivalent to Year 12.
Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • Image
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
Click outside to hide the comparison bar